Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Documentary about Cartoonist Charles Addams


This video tells the story of how Charles Addams (1912-1988) got his start as a cartoonist for the New Yorker and how he developed the macabre cast of characters who eventually became the Addams Family on television and movies—(Gomez, Morticia, Wednesday, Pugsley, Uncle Fester, Grandmama, Lurch,Thing, Cousin Itt, and Ophelia). (Direct link to YouTube video)

Addams Family on Wikipedia
Book: Charles Addams: The Addams Family: an Evilution
Thanks, Robert


5 comments:

Robert J. Simone said...

Always had a thing for Carolyn Jones! Oh and the rest of the video was good, too. Thanks, James!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you posted this!

Janet Oliver said...

I've yet to figure out why, but my Southern Baptist grandmother loved the Addams family. Especially Thing.
Some skeletons in her closet, perhaps.

jytte said...

I loved the Adams family from the start. As for the grandmother of Janet Oliver I am sure she has seen the old horror movie The beast with five Fingers. I saw it on tv back in the the early 60th

Foom Spectacular said...

Wow! This is a fantastic blog, with lots of really interesting posts.